Institute for Social Development Studies (ISDS) is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation established by the Decision 468/TC-LHH dated 27th May 2002 of the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (VUSTA). Until now, ISDS has been recognized as one of the leading reputable research institutes in Viet Nam for its high-quality research and appliance of social science in interventions and policy recommendations for positive societal changes. ISDS’s works cover various fields, including gender, safe migration and social inclusion for ethnic minority groups. ISDS’ activities include research, advocacy, consultancy, training, community development, and education for behavior change.
ISDS is now looking for a motivated individual for the full-time project officer position to work in the project “Ethnic minority girls, boys, young women and men use the digital space to understand and claim their rights, access support services and raise their voice towards policymakers (EMPoWR)” with the requirement as below:
- On behalf of ISDS to work with local project partners, to coordinate and implement ISDS’s project component at the project sites;
- Working closely with ISDS team in designing project activities under ISDS component and to work with local partner to implement those activities;
- Working with the project team from Plan International Ha Noi and other project partners to develop M/E plan and support project activities to meet the work schedule;
- Following-up and report (periodically and on requirement) to ISDS project director and to Plan International Ha Noi about the progress of the project activities and nay emerging issues during project implementation for the soonest solution;
- Developing and implementing M/E plan of ISDS’s project activities at project sites;
- Carrying out other tasks as required by the Board of Directors.
- Participation in common activities of the Institute.
- BA degree in social science and humanities.
- At least 02 year of experience in development projects/programs. Good knowledge and experience working on gender issues. Experience of working with children and minority groups is an advantage.
- Strong interest in social issues and social research.
- Strong knowledge and practical experiences in planning, analysis and assessment and reporting.
- Enthusiastic and responsible in performing assigned tasks; having good skills in working individually and in a team, desire to acquire new knowledge.
- Strong English skills, especially in reading comprehension and report writing in English.
- Ability to use EPI Data, STATA, SPSS, NVivo is an advantage.
- Salary: Negotiable.
- Social welfare benefits.
- Excellent opportunities for professional development and higher education.
Location: Hà Nội
Salary: discuss when interviewing
Starting date: discuss when interviewing
- CV in English
- Cover letter in English, max 500 words.
- Relevant degrees and certificates (notarisation not required).
- Profile (as the attached form)
Deadline for application: 5 pm on June 10h, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send the application to email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute for Social Development Studies (ISDS) (To Ms. Lan or Ms. Linh)
Suite 1804, Floor PH, The Garden building, Me Tri street, Hanoi
Phone number: 024.3782 0058